View all facilities
Goddard Community Center
$60 half day rental for Goddard Resident, $100 for non-resident
|Other Link||Community Center Facebook Page|
|Length of Rental||Goddard Resident||Outside City|
|Half Day Rental (Limit: 4 Hours)||$60||$100|
|Full Day Rental||$120||$150|
Community Center Usage PolicyWe hope you enjoy the use of your public facility and to ensure a pleasant experience and lasting facility, please carefully read the following policy detailing the lease of the Goddard Community Center. Remember, this is a public facility and we all share in the cost of maintenance and cleaning. Deposits may be kept if these guidelines are not followed.
- The Sponsor (group or individual), who shall be at least 21 years of age, is responsible and will be held liable for the conduct of all persons in attendance and for the orderliness and any damages to the building or contents.
- No signs or decorations may be attached to walls or ceilings with nails, staples, tape or other form of attaching device.
- Smoking, consumption of alcohol, dancing, pets (except service animals) and gambling are prohibited.
- Minors must have adult supervision at all times.
- All furnishing and equipment must be replaced to their respective places.
- Heating/Air conditioning thermostat shall be put on the appropriate energy saving temperature for the respective season (Winter - 65; Summer - 80).
- At the conclusion of the scheduled function, the doors must be locked and key returned to Goddard City Hall, 118 N Main, by the next normal working day after scheduled activity. The key may be returned in the night drop box. Sponsor will be assessed a $10 fee for any lost key.
- All trash and garbage shall be bagged and removed to the outside garbage container, located outside the back door. Trash can liners shall be replaced in the receptacles (extra liners provided in bottom of cans).
- The City reserves the right to prohibit any person or group from using the building if the rules are violated or if inappropriate activities have occurred. The City reserves the right to enter the building at any time to assure compliance with these rules.
- The Sponsor agrees to hold the City of Goddard harmless from any claim made by any person(s), group or corporation arising from any incident occurring or promised on the use of the rented facility by Sponsor.
- All lights shall be turned off (including restrooms) and doors locked.
- The Sponsor and participant shall leave the building at the scheduled time of their agreement. There is a 12 midnight curfew extended only by special permission of the City Clerk or Police Chief.
- Keys may not be duplicated by anyone without prior approval of the City Clerk.
- Per Sedgwick County Fire Code, the capacity limit for the Community Building is 149 persons.
- The Sponsor and participants agree to abide by all State and Municipal laws during this agreement.
- A deposit amount of a full day rental will be required for each rental. The deposit will guarantee proper clean up and use of the facility. The deposit will be submitted as a separate check, to be returned or voided within three business days after the rental, provided compliance with this policy has been met.
Standards for Proper Cleaning
- Do not dispose of coffee grounds in the sink or garbage disposal.
- Linens, washcloths and dishes in cabinets and drawers belong to an organization. If used, they must be replaced in clean and proper order. Equipment and corresponding parts are not to leave the premises.
- The stove, refrigerator and counters shall be cleaned and the floor swept clean of dirt and spills.
- All furnishings and/or equipment will be put in its proper place after use. Six tables shall be left assembled.
- Trash is to be removed from the building and placed in the outside receptacle behind the Center.
Groups Receiving Free Use of Community CenterThe following non-profit and not-for-profit groups within the City limits of Goddard will receive free use of the Community Center:
- Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Brownies, Blue Birds, Cub Scouts and 4-H.
- Church Groups (provided gatherings are not scheduled on a regular basis)
- Annual Goddard Fall Festival
- Service Organizations (see Number 3 below)
- Keen Klub
Definition of Inside the City Organizations
- City based organizations, regardless of membership residency.
- Non-organized groups with majority residents of the City (i.e. Goddard Cards, Exercise).
- Specifics: Lions Club, Women’s Club, EHU, 4-H, Scouts, Schools, Churches, Jaycees, Keen Klub, AA, TOPS.